The Heritage Bronze Turkeys have been around for most of American History. It originated by crossing the Wild Eastern Turkey with the domesticated turkeys brought over by early European Colonists. The cross created in a vigorous, larger turkey than the one brought over by the colonists and was tamer than the wild Eastern turkey. Mature birds have a bronze sheen and as babies, they are brown-striped with white underneath. The Heritage Bronze is a longer-living, slower-growing turkey than the Broad Breasted Bronze. This turkey is able to breed naturally and is very good at foraging. The average weight of a Heritage (Standard) Bronze tom is 25 lbs and the young turkey hen is 16 lbs, this can vary either way depending on the turkey and feed.
The average Weight is 16# for Females and for Males 25#
- Weights: Hen: 16 lbs Tom: 25 lbs
- Purpose and Type: Meat; Exhibition
- Color of Eggs Off White with Bown specks
- Egg Production: Poor
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Temperament: Active
- Broody: Setters
- Country of Origin: North America
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection in 1874
- ALBC: Watch Status, considered a Sustainable Heritage Turkey Breed.
Available April – July
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail on the day of hatch!
STRAIGHT RUN ONLY
Minimum 3 Turkeys
Maximum 10 Turkeys per order
There are no reviews yet.