Welsh Harlequin Ducks are considered domesticated, heritage, light weight layer ducks. They are one of the most prolific layers of large to extra-large white eggs. They are becoming a very popular breed due to their multipurpose characteristics. Even though considered a lightweight duck, they can make an outstanding meat duck. When hatched, ducklings can be sexed by the color of their bill. Mature ducks are beautiful, especially the feather patterns and colors on the adult females. We offer the silver variety of the Welsh Harlequin Ducks. They are cold hardy, active foragers, broody and make good farm ducks.
Weight: Female- 4 lbs. Male- 5 1/2 lbs.
- Poultry Show Class: Light
- Weights: Hen—–4 lbs. Drake—–4 1/2 lbs.
- Purpose and Type: Egg Laying; Exhibition
- Egg Color: White
- Egg Size: Large to Extra Large
- Temperament: Active
- Gender Accuracy: 100%
- Broody: Setters
- Place of Origin: Wales
- APA: Yes, Recognized by the Standard of Perfection
- ALBC: Critical, Considered a Sustainable Heritage Duck Breed.