Lavender Orpington chickens are the ultimate heritage, dual-purpose breed for eggs and meat. They have full, fluffy plumage which makes them a good choice for cold temperatures. Lavender Orpingtons are large, calm, and friendly birds that are great with children. They are a good producer of medium to large, light brown eggs. They have single red combs and wattles, which are set off beautifully against the lavender feathering. Lavender Orpingtons are a shimmering, grayish, silver color with a definite purple tone. Lavender hens will go broody and hatch and raise their own chicks. The Lavender Orpington will breed true, meaning that all offspring will be Lavender. Lavender Orpingtons are categorized as designer chickens and are fabulous for poultry connoisseurs and collectors as well as for flock owners who want a beautiful, extremely rare breed.
Approx. 150+ Brown Eggs/Year | Mature WT: Male 10#, Female 8#
- Poultry Show Class: English Class
- Weights: Hen: 8 lbs. Rooster: 10 lbs.
- Purpose: Dual; Eggs & Meat; Exhibition
- Color of Egg Shell: Brown
- Egg Production: 150+ eggs per year
- Egg Size: Medium
- Temperament: Docile
- Broody: Setter
- Country of Origin: England
- APA: No
- ALBC: Recovering Status, Considered a sustainable heritage chicken breed